Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A few words on Terri Schiavo

The Terri Schiavo case has made big news over recent time. There's absolutely no end to the amount of sources one can find on this incident; from mainstream news to individual blogs. Of course one can add this particular blog to the countless others that are commenting on this. However, I'm choosing to make my commentary brief. Not because I don't have much to say on this, but rather out of a sense of humility towards the others who have already commented on this. I could add my own personal commentary on this incident, but I feel I'd just repeat arguments made elsewhere by other people. So rather than plagiarize off them, I'll give them their due credit.

Pat Buchanan sums up very well much of my position on this incident in his latest commentary The Culture of Death Advances. A very good source to thoughtful commentaries on this issue and its wider social and political effects can be found at Catholics in the Public Sphere**. This blog in particular certainly has devoted more time and effort in covering and commenting on this than I ever could. Indeed there are many more people I could give credit to (far too many to link to); people who have made and articulated so many good arguments that I myself could never think of. So I guess I'll speak for those who support Terri's life but could not fully express their arguments and say thank you to those people who could!

The only thing I can say is that many people who support Terri's right to life place far too much faith in Bush(both President and Governor) and the Republican Party. If Michael Schiavo's supporters have one good argument, it's how the supposed concerns of these people for Terri is a complete farce! Possibly my one criticism of the Pro-Terri camp.

It seems clear that Terri will probably die. Let's hope that her death will at least awaken in peoples' hearts the true value and sanctity of all human life. The fact that the value of life has become so degraded in our society that such an incident as this is possible is truly revolting. The culture of death has fully exposed its true face for all to see!

That's all I can really say about this.


**Im referring to posts made during Feburary, March, and April of 2005

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael Hoffman has an interesting perspective on this issue.
http://www.revisionisthistory.org/revisionist15.html

12:45 PM  
Blogger Perun said...

Thank you for the link

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home