Monday, May 23, 2005

Spreading the good news

Due to many time constraints in my schedule, I most likely will not be able to update this blog on any regular basis for the time being. I'm sure people may have noticed this with the irregular timing of many of my posts. It takes me quite a lot of time and energy to make fairly decent posts, qualities I've lately found to be lacking. But no need to despair, for I have good news as well.

Finally, Third Position Review has been getting noticed lately. For a while, this blog largely floated among small circles. I admit that was largely because of me, since I wanted to concentrate on getting this project off to a decent start. What's the point of promoting your blog if there isn't much to promote in the first place?

I have established contact with many fellow Catholic bloggers. Among these are David, who runs the la nouvelle theƩologie blog. He listed this blog under his links and vice versa. I even sent him an e-mail, and hopefully we'll be able to stay in contact with each other. Another blogger I've also come into contact with is ConcernedCatholic, who runs Catholicism, Culture, and Politics. If you remember from my post "Europe and the Popes", I critiqued his position concerning the possibility of a Third World pope. He posted his own comments concerning my remarks. Thankfully, he didn't interpret what I said as being malicious(which they weren't, I was respectfully disagreeing with him). I've added ConcernedCatholic's blog to my links, and hopefully he'll get around to placing this blog in his.

Speaking of which, there was a discussion about my post over at Turnabout. MD gave some interesting arguments. Although it quickly got diverted into a general discussion about liberal Catholicism and Mysterious Stranger made a knee-jerk response about how my arguments were void(although he seems to have the reputation of being a troll there).

I've also come into contact with A Wandering Thomist of Liberty, Order, and Tradition. He seems to appreciate my comments on his blog and hopefully in the near future our contacts will increase. Gens over at ChesterBelloc Mandate mentioned how he's looking to establish contact with other Third Way blogs so as to possibly pull their talents together into one major blog, so I've offered help in that endeavor. Sadly, I have not received a reply yet, but I'm hopeful. In fact it's quite ironic that I've been looking into the possibility of having other commentators here(so as to keep things lively), and that this blog is devoted to Third Way politics.

I've recently joined St. Blog's Parish, which is a webring for Catholic bloggers. This most certainly should bring more visitors to this place. I have also proposed the creation of a separate webring for websites with themes dealing with Catholic Social Doctrine over at the Distributism Forum.

So yes, not only am I very busy in terms of work and studies, but also in many personal affairs. So don't lose heart, hopefully things will be able to pick up here pretty soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home