Sunday, November 27, 2005

Remember the Ukrainian Genocide!

Recently, Ukrainians both at home and abroad marked the 70th anniversary of the 'Holodomor', the brutal famine that occurred in 1932-33 that resulted in the deaths of several million innocent Ukrainians.

I myself am of Ukrainian descent and proud of my ethnic heritage. There simply are few words I can say about this, except that that the Ukrainian community should do whatever it takes to keep the memory of this event alive to our future generations. And also try to obtain wider attention towards this atrocity.

A great site that struggles to achieves these goals is the Ukrainian Genocide Famine Foundation.

I'm sorry there's nothing more I can say, my heart is too broken!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home