Monday, April 10, 2006

ABC's remake of 'The Ten Commandments'

Well tonight, ABC is going to show it's remake of the 1956 classic epic 'The Ten Commandments'. Check out the website for airing times, or check your local listings.

Many readers of this blog maybe interested in my post "Moses the Archetypical Nationalist", which I actually wrote last Easter, which is a commentary on both the original movie and the Exodus story in general. I especially talk about the many nationalist themes that are found within the Biblical accounts, and what influence those themes had on history. Not only that, I explain how these exact themes play themselves out within the movie itself.

Towards the end of my post, I made mention of the fact that a remake of this classic film were in the works. I also voiced my skepticism about the numerous possible ways in which "Hollywood political correctness will ruin not only the legacy of a great movie, but the legacy of a great story from antiquity as well."

I have a bad feeling that I'm not going to proven wrong tonight. However, I will try to watch it, and possibly write a review of the film on this blog. So stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict the main problem will be the casting of actors who aren't fully white (Negroes, mulattos, Hispanics) in white roles. Moses, a Jew and therefore a white man, is said by some on the politically-correct side of the spectrum to have been non-white, so don't be surprised if they cast a Negro, mulatto, or Hispanic to play him. Or if not him, others. There'll almost certainly be grave defects in the dialogue and story line as well. I frankly don't have lots of hope for a quality production.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home