Tuesday, April 11, 2006

ABC sure did massacre the Ten Commandments

I'll make myself clear, this film was TERRIBLE! The acting was absolutely pathetic! I'm not even wasting my time giving a full review of this film, it was that bad!

I particularly like how David DiCerto tries to put a positive spin on the film claiming that it portrays "a more human, conflicted Moses than Charlton Heston's larger-than-life patriarch". In other words, Moses is a sissy, which is most certainly how he was portrayed.

I don't even know where DiCerto gets his argument that "[i]t's hard to imagine Heston ordering the slaughter of fellow Hebrews (women and children included) -- as recorded in the Book of Exodus -- for breaking the covenant" in contrast to how it's portrayed in this version. HELLO!; Heston's Moses actually throws down the tablets proclaiming in a loud angry voice that those who refuse to obey the Lord shall die! Then soon afterwards we see lighting bolts striking several people.

Then DiCerto goes on to explain that comparisons between this film and the 1956 version are "unfair". Well booohooo, go cry me me a river! This version is terrible and makes a mockery not only of the 1956 version but the Exodus story itself!

I'm not even bothering to watch Part II tonight. Rather, I'll just wait until April 15, when ABC will show the real version of The Ten Commandments.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I inadvertantly missed part 1. Thanks to your heads-up I'm going to deliberately miss part 2.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home